Threads Church in Portage, Michigan is looking for a qualified teaching pastor to join their current leadership team and mission.
Threads Church is a story formed community who longs to help an unbelieving world become love God, love others Christ-followers. We are a church made up of missional communities and we see them as our primary vehicle for discipleship. Yet, we still value gathering together on Sunday for worship.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of teaching in a large group context
• Minimum of 2 years experience leading in a missional setting
• Experience in working to bring holistic restoration to their community
• Prefer 4 years of undergraduate work with some theological training and/or a relevant master’s degree
• To lead a collaborative team of people to develop a teaching schedule
• Maintain a strong commitment to holistic discipleship as stated in Matthew 28. Display a value of
discipleship through immersion (going), apprenticeship (baptizing) and teaching.
• To raise up and develop within Threads a teaching team that will provide Christ-centered teaching
• To provide oversight and leadership within a team perspective, using your spiritual gifts to fulfill God’s vision for Threads
• A heart for the city and a longing to see people fall in love with Jesus
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2013.
• A current resume
• A one to two page explanation of your experience in teaching, missional living, and displaying a heart
for your community
• Contact information for two ministry references, a current or former employer, and someone (not a
relative) who has known you for at least five years