Ian, I'm so sorry I haven't seen this message until now! Back in August, there were a number of blog posts on the theme of children in the emerging church, a series that was promoted online by Brian McLaren. He points to this site for an archive of links to posts: http://suchasthese.wordpress.com/2010/08/23/back-to-school-week/
Here's another update from Brian that points to an upcoming conference that looks like it'll be a great resource:
A number of us have been talking for years about the need for an international conference to talk about the spiritual formation of children and youth in the emerging context. I'm pleased to announced that it is on the calendar!
Children, Youth, and a New Kind of Christianity
- May 7-10, 2012
- at Calvary Baptist Church, Washington, DC
- keynote speakers include Brian McLaren and Ivy Beckwith
- presentations by several key leaders/thinkers in children’s and youth ministry and emerging faith communities
- Will include opportunities for tours around DC
- Topics include sexuality, technology, religious diversity, and violence in the Bible.