Found a great message
from Mark Scandrette the other day. Excellent.
In it he presents 5 myths about building community.
"If we want real community like the early church... we must be willing to embrace hurt and suffering... because love is costly."
- the right church/group will meet my needs for companionship and spiritual growth
- the myth of the healthy skeptic
- the myth of the super leader
- the myth of flat leadership
- the myth of a community without conflict
Finally Scandrette shares a stinging challenge.
"Every time you look at someone this week - look at them right in the eyes and look at them as if you were looking in the face of Jesus."
Can you do that? Would it change the way you respond to people? How?
Listen to the message
and then share your reactions to the myths. Agree? Disagree?